Click here for instructions
on linking to us
South Carolina (SC) - Real Estate
South Carolina Association of
3780 Fernandina Rd
Columbia, SC 29210
(803) 772-5206 - (800) 233-6381 - Fax (803) 798-6650
Carolina Real Estate Commission
Synergy Business Park
110 Centerview Dr Ste 201
Columbia, SC 29210
(803) 896-4400 - Fax (803) 896-4404
Real Estate - Your one stop Real Estate specialist for the
Greenville South Carolina area including Taylors, Greer, Simpsonville,
Mauldin, and Fountain Inn.
South Carolina entered the union in 1788. It was the 8th state
to do so. Today the capital is Columbia.
The nickname for South Carolina is The Palmetto State. The Palmetto
is the stste’s official tree.
South Carolina is bordered by Georgia and North Carolina. The
largest cities are Columbia, Charleston, North Charleston, Greenville
and Rock Hill.
The agriculture of the state includes tobacco, hogs, poultry and dairy
products. The industry in the state includes paper products,
textile goods, chemical products and tourism.
South Carolina’s official state symbols includes
the Carolina Jessamine
the palmetto tree
the Carolina wren
is the salmander
Didja know ....?
- In 1954 Strom Thurmond became the first US senator to win
an election by write in votes. He received over 130,000 write
- One of the richest veins of gold in South Carolina’s history
was discovered in 1852 where the town of McCormick is
- The first battle of the Civil War was at Fort Sumter. The
island where the fort is located was built on a foundation of over
100,000 tons of granite and other rock. It took ten years of ships
dumping material on a sand bank in the Charleston Harbor.
- The walls of the fort on Sullivan Island in Charleston Harbor were
built of palmetto logs which is a spongy type of wood. When
the British fired on the fort, the cannon balls bounced of the walls.
- President Andrew Jackson is claimed as a native son by both North
and South Carolina. He was born in Waxhaw Settlement which
is right on the border.
Don’t miss ......
- Mount Pleasant is a community with a traditional art form. Basket
Making. Families use sweetgrass to make baskets in the style
that has been handed down for generations.
- The Grand Strand is a 60 mile stretch of waterfront Little River
to Georgetown. This is one of the nation’s most popular
tourist areas. There are miles of lovely homes hidden behind
moss covered oak trees. Myrtle Beach is in this area.
- The Argent train Engine No. 7 was donated to the town of Hardeeville
when the Argent Lumber Company closed down. It is a rare narrow
guage train and is of major interest to train enthusiasts.
- A 24 mile motorcycle trail and a 26 mile horse trail are welcome
features of Parsons Mountain Park in Sumter National Forest.
For Listings (MLS) | View
Our Listings | New
Homes | Sign-Up
For Automated E-mail Listings | Mortgage
Payment Calculator | Relocating?
Our Agents | Our
Internet Partners 2,
A, B, C | Site Map
Additional States Resources:
AK | AZ
| AR | CA
| CO | CT
| DC | DE
| FL | GA
| HI | ID
| IL | IN
| IA | KS
| KY | LA
| ME | MD
| MA | MI
| MN | MS
| MO | MT
| NE | NV
| NH | NJ
| NM | NY
| NC | ND
| OH | OK
| OR | PA
| RI | SC
| SD | TN
| TX | UT
| VT | VA
| WA | WV
| WI | WY|